11.03.2010

Excuse me for a moment...

I usually don't deviate from flower land very often, but when I find something that I just have to share, you might just have to come along for the journey. You may or may not know that I was once a graphic designer in another life. To this very day I lust over type, write the alphabet over and over...oh and over again, bore people with graphic design jargon, and walk around day after day with a dorky graphic design image branded onto my body. So when I come across beautiful books I feel the need to share...I came across SEASONS by Blexboblex (um, yes you read that correctly), in my little local bookstore. Its practically perfect cover might as well slapped me in the face, because I bought it without even caring about what the pages wrapped in cellophane might look like. Come to find out it's one of the most beautiful children's books I've come across in a long time...100+ pages of the most beautifully simple woodblock prints, illustrating the feelings, moments, and strange happenings of the seasons. If you're looking for the perfect gift for a baby shower, please put down the played out ducky embroidered onesie and purchase this instead. Oh, and because you can find ANYTHING on youtube....enjoy.

No comments: